September 3, 10, 17 & 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, & 29
Change Your Way. Walk UA!
• Physical activity
• Teach safe walking skills to children
• Awareness of how walkable our community is and where improvements can be made
• Concern for the environment
• Reducing traffic congestion, pollution and speed near schools
• Sharing time with community parents and children
• **Earn a PJ Day! (see below for details)**
How do I participate in Walking Wednesdays?
You can meet at one of the four designated locations (on the back of this flyer)
at the specified time, or join a group en route, or walk to school with your family. Or hop on your bike or scooter!
Bus rider? No problem! Have a parent take you to one of the four route starting points.
Our parent captains will escort you and your classmates safely to Windermere.
Receive a punch on your passport for each Wednesday you walk to school. (Passports
will be distributed to each class on or before 9/2.)
Need more incentive? There are 9 "Walking Wednesdays" this fall. Every student who
earns at least 6 punches on his/her passport will be rewarded with a **PAJAMA DAY!!** What could be better on a
chilly day than coming to school in your comfy PJ's, slippers and robe? Walk your way to a PJ Day!!
Parents: After walking to Windermere on 9/3 and 10/1, please join us in front of the school to chat,
have a cup of coffee, & grab a bite to eat. Walking Wednesdays are great for the whole community!!
- Captains: Everett Bradley (cell:361-6737) and Shelia Balcerzak (cell:735-5542)
Departs from the intersection of Hythe Rd. & Romnay Rd. at 7:35 a.m., joining with the Bradley's at the
northwest corner of Chevington and Glenmere Roads at 7:40 a.m.
- Captain: Dawn Davis (cell: 614-746-2430)
Departs from the southwest corner of Woodbridge and McCoy Roads at 7:45 a.m.
- Captains: Kelley Ching (cell: 410-245-9498) & Dave Ching (cell: 510-418-1055)
Departs from the corner of Cheltenham Road and Woodhall Road at 7:50 a.m.
- Captains: Maria Bruck (cell:558-3720)
Departs from the Northwest corner of Kioka Avenue and Fishinger Road at 7:45 a.m.
Map of Walking Wednesday Stations
Questions?: Please contact Kelley Ching at firstname.lastname@example.org